CFA 2009 SENIOR BOWL GAMEs CRITERIA
1. Only second year players (Peewee, Pony, and Midget) are eligible to play in the Senior Bowl Games. Exceptions being that first year players who will not be eligible due to age restrictions preventing them playing their second year and if the Commissioner needs to fill particular positions that a team my need.
2. The number of players from each team will be determined by the final standings at the end of the regular season. Example Team #1 thru #4 will send 6 players each, #5 thru #8 will send 4 players each, #9 thru #12 will send 3 players each and #13 thru #19 will send 2 players each. This will give us a total of 66 players at each level. Each team must include 2 alternates and submit them with their selections. The alternates will be selected by the Commissioner. If a team decides not to participate in the Senior Bowl please have the courtesy to contact the commissioner and let him know that.
3. Teams will be divided by the final season ranking odd number teams (RED TEAM) and even number teams (BLUE TEAM)
4. Peewees, Ponies, and Midgets will participate.
5. Players are to be selected by the Head Coach of their perspective team.
6. Names and player positions (both offensive and defensive) are to be submitted to Keith Newkam by November 2nd. Please send all selections to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the selections are not submitted by that date alternate players will be chosen to fill those spots.
7. Teams #1 thru #8 must send at least (1) offensive lineman as one of their selections.
8. All teams must practice on Tuesday Wednesday Thursday evening the week prior to the Senior Bowl. All practices will be held at Holy Names field from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
9. EACH PLAYER MUST PLAY AT LEAST 8 PLAYS OTHER THEN SPECIAL TEAMS
10. Extra points will not be kicked. Teams must run an offensive play for an extra point.
11. All CFA bylaws will be followed. The only change will be that there be that players will not have to weigh-in
12. The Head Coach will be chosen based on the final rankings used to select the players. The Head Coach from the #1 ranked team will be the coach of the Red Team and the Head Coach from the #2 ranked team will be the coach of the Blue Team. All CFA coaches may volunteer to assist the Head Coach of each squad. Any coaches interested in helping out must submit their names to email@example.com by November 2nd.
13. At half-time if one team is leading by more than 14 points the team that is behind will receive the ball at the start of the second half
14. There will be not be any return of punts the player may catch the ball but he cant advance it. The defense will not rush the punter.
15. The defense is not allowed to blitz anyone.
16. All quarters will be 12 minutes in length for all levels. There should no reason all the players dont get adequate playing time.
17. The Red Team will be the home team and all players on the Red Team please wear their home jerseys The Blue Team will wear there visitor or white jerseys
PEEWEE RANKINGS FOR SENIOR BOWL
1 Harrisburg,2 Cedar Cliff, 3 Northern, 4 Holy Name, 5 South Hanover, 6 Good Shepherd, 7 Swatara, 8 St. Joseph, 9 New Cumberland, 10 Greenwood, 11 Halifax, 12 Boiling Springs, 13 Susquenita, 14 Cumberland Valley Eagles, 15 Seven Sorrows, 16 Juniata, 17 West Perry, 18 Cumberland Valley Power, 19 Carlisle
PONY RANKINGS FOR SENIOR BOWL
1 - Good shepherd,2 Harrisburg, 3 Juniata, 4 Holy Name, 5 St. Joseph, 6 Cumberland Valley Eagles, 7 Greenwood, 8 Swatara, 9 Boiling Springs, 10 Northern, 11 Seven Sorrows, 12 New Cumberland, 13 Cedar Cliff, 14 West Perry, 15 Halifax, 16 Susquenita, 17 Carlisle, 18 Cumberland Valley Power, 19 South Hanover
MIDGET RANKINGS FOR SENIOR BOWL
1 Holy Name, 2 Good shepherd, 3 New Cumberland , 4 Harrisburg, 5 Juniata, 6 Seven Sorrows, 7 Swatara, 8 Cedar Cliff, 9 - Cumberland Valley Eagles, 10 West Perry, 11 Halifax, 12 Greenwood, 13 South Hanover, 14 Boiling Springs, 15 St. Joseph, 16 Carlisle, 17 Cumberland Valley Power, 18 Susquenita, 19 Northern
2009 Senior Bowl Games