Article V - Coaching Eligibility.
Section 1 - Coaching Requirements.
a. All new coaches within their first two (2) years in the CFA must meet one of numbers 1 and 2 and must meet number 3 PRIOR to their first year to be approved as a registered CFA Coach:
1. Attend a CFA approved clinic.
2. Be certified by NYSCA.
3. Have a background check (Each CFA association will be responsible).
b. Background Check.
1. Effective for the start of the 2003 season. All persons affiliated with a member program shall submit to an Act 34 criminal record and an Act 151 child abuse history checks. The costs associated with completing the checks will be born by member association. The criminal record check will be completed by submitting form SP4-164 to the Pennsylvania State Police. The child abuse history check will be completed by submitting form CY 113 to the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare. Any individual added to the staff of a member association must submit to the above tests before being allowed to participate, whether during an existing season or any new season hereafter.
2. The results of the checks will be maintained by the member association. Each member association will submit a Certificate of Compliance to the Commissioner when all checks are completed listing all eligible individuals.
3. It will be the responsibility of the member association to terminate an existing staff member or deny a position to an applicant based on the results of the tests. It is suggested that no individual be accepted to a association who has been convicted of a felony, a crime against a child, violent crime, domestic violence, or alcohol/drug offense.
As long as the person checked remains on the staff of the same member association, a new series of checks need not be completed unless the member association has reason to believe there has been a change of circumstances. All individuals checked have an affirmative duty to report any change in circumstance to his/her member association.
Please respond to this email.
REQUEST FOR CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK
PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE