Article VII – Players.
Section 1 – Eligibility.
a. Players to be eligible to compete in the CFA League must meet the following requirements:
1. Be between the ages of 5 and 13 years. The age shall be determined on May 31st. If a player is 13 on May 31, the player is eligible. If a player is 14 on May 31, the player is ineligible. Proof of date of birth shall be determined by birth certificate presented at the time of registration. Any other form of proof must be submitted to the Governing Body for certification.
2. Each CFA team will keep a copy of the Player Registration Form and submit a duplicate copy to the League Office, Commissioner and/or Secretary for review and entry into the CFA data roster system, for approval or rejection during the official Team Registration and Team Player Roster meeting.
3. A new CFA Registration Form will be submitted to the League Office each year that the player competes in the CFA Football League. The CFA Representative upon initial submission of the CFA Player Registration Form must only certify proof of date of birth. That is the players first year in the CFA Football League. CFA Governing Board approval and/or rejection will be indicated on the form each year.
b. Any team found using an ineligible player should forfeit all games in which said player has participated.
c. Parental Consent:
1. Each player must have the written consent of parent or guardian.
2. Consent affidavit, parent or guardian's authorization (signature), authorization for medical care and physician's affidavit must be completed and/or renewed each year.
d. Physical Examination: Each player shall have a physical examination report from a physician at the time of registration.
1. Team registration shall take place prior to the opening game of the league schedule.
2. Late registration of individual players may be permitted if good cause is shown.
3. Under no circumstances will registration of players be permitted later than the second league game.
4. Any exception concerning registration shall be submitted to the Governing Body. The CFA Team Representatives shall cast a vote. The vote must be majority for the exception to be approved.
5. Any team that registers less than 24 players at player registration night may add additional players, not replacement players, up to a team size of 24. These additional players will not be eligible to participate in a league game until the second game following the player’s date of registration in the CFA. Teams registering 24 or more players may add additional players, but they will not be able to participate until the fourth game following their league registration. In case of extreme hardship, the commissioner may grant a waiver, on a case-by-case basis.
f. Financial Eligibility: To be eligible for registration, all dues must be paid.
g. Players in question may be checked through the Bureau of Vital Statistics with parent’s permission. Failure to comply, player will be immediately removed from the roster until the matter is resolved.
h. Authorized officer of the association must verify and sign their respective roster.
i. Player must participate in the authorized CFA program school district, and/or parish area, where he lives or attends school. The Commissioner will develop and keep on file team boundaries with each association. The Commissioner will resolve boundary questions. Players who move after their first year of competition or at any time during their eligibility have the option to remain in their original program without a waiver. If a player attends a parish school that does not have a team participating in the CFA, the player may opt to play for a parish team that does participate in the CFA regardless of boundaries.
1. No player would be eligible to play outside the designated boundaries without the approval of the league Commissioner and the written approval from the team in whose area he resides.
2. Open area (free players). Open area players are defined as players not living in any association area, school districts or parish areas covered by CFA Team Boundaries. CFA teams that need additional players to fill a team may use these areas. Normally at the midget level. It is not to be abused.
3. Players in open areas may play with any CFA team they choose, and without approval of the team they played with in any previous year. They are considered "Free Players" with no team affiliation.
4. Any questions as to eligibility will be resolved by the Commissioner, and will be coordinated with the Assistant commissioners.
j. No team is permitted to actively recruit a player(s) to switch team affiliations.